Cannot Remove Protection

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Nimrud, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimrud

Nimrud Registered Member

Downloaded 3.2 and then tried to disable protection so as to upgrade.
    All works until I try to remove IE Cookie protection when it BSODs with a STOP 0x0000008E. Have searched the forum, but not seen any similar reports. Any ideas?
    System is Windows XP Home (with latest patches) and Pestpatrol trial, WebWindowKiller, McAfee VirusScan, SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D and Zonalarm 5.4.490, 1GB RAM and 34 GB free disc space.
    TIA

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

That's a very odd error. :doubt: Let me see if I can reproduce it here.

Out of curiousity, have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode to see if the error still occurs there?

EDIT: Also, just to make sure, does this error occur with 3.1 or 3.2?

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Nimrud

Nimrud Registered Member

It occurred in 3.1. I was removing all the protection (but not the software) before upgrading. In the end it appeared to upgrade ok with all but this removed. So I'm now on 3.2.
    Have not tried Safe Mode.
    I have had a similar problem twice before. (a) Once when I tried to remove a download helper, and before that (b) a lot of crashes around this area. Internet searching points to faulty memory, but none found in any checks. Other area is latest video drivers (isn't it always!), but I think I have the latest.
    It's a Hansol 920D (should have got a flat screen, but cost . . .) and gEForce3 Ti200 with Vn 6.14.01.4345 drivers. This fixed (b).

Nimrud

4. Heirloom

Heirloom Registered Member

Try the Safe Mode..........worked for me.

Heirloom, old and talks to himself (see manual update thread)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.