Cannot reinstall Acronis True Image 10 Personal

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by matrixmainframe, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrixmainframe

matrixmainframe Registered Member

I have Windows XP Home SP3.

In March this year I installed Acronis True Image 10 Personal with the free Full License Key I got from Acronis as it was a special offer on my computer magazine cover disk. My previous version was version 8 which I uninstalled first.

Because of a problem on my computer I need to reinstall Acronis True Image 10 Personal but installation fails every time I try and every time I get the following error message:-

"Installation incomplete

The installation was interrupted before Acronis True Image could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

Cannot automatically install the following products since their newer versions are already installed. Try manually to uninstall them before installing these older versions."

There are no "....following products...." listed and I have never installed any versions newer than version 10!

I have indeed, not only uninstalled Acronis True Image 10 Personal but I have also manually deleted every reference to Acronis in the registry and yet it still will not install!

Can anyone assist please?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

There is a cleanup utility provided by Acronis to completely remove True Image. This normally allows a reinstallation to proceed successfully.

Here's the link:
    http://kb.acronis.com/content/1727

Let us know if that does the trick.

3. matrixmainframe

matrixmainframe Registered Member

Thanks for that John. Sorted now.:)

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Good to hear. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.