Cannot reboot after eset sirefef removal tool

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ferferi, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferferi

ferferi Registered Member

Hi.
    After using the Eset Sirefef Cleaner, it asked for a reboot and I chose yes. When it rebooted, Windows can't start anymore. It asks me if I want to use Start-up Repair or Start Windows Regularly. When I choose the first one, it can't solve the problem. And the second one shows a blue screen and restarts the computer. What should I do?
    I'm using Windows 7 32-bit.
    Thank you for your helps.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In accordance with US and EU regulations, ESET does not sell or service its products in Iran.

The only suggestion I really have is that you contact the Iranian Computer Emergency Response Team and see if someone there can help you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. ferferi

ferferi Registered Member

I haven't bought anything from Eset. I just found that I'm infected with Sirefef, so I googled it, and found the Eset cleaner, which was a 400 kb free file. I'm sure if you tell me what have this file done to my Windows, I'll be able to go on with my job that I'm not able to, now. And also I'm sure your government with its sanctions didn't mean to harm my computer and not help me solve it.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

unfortunately, the govt. of the US doesn't allow US businesses or individuals to provide help - as covered by the "service its products" part of Aryeh's statement. It's not that we don't want to provide you help - but the govt. really does forbid it. The penalties are quite severe - use the help resource that Aryeh directed you to - I'm sure they can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.