Cannot read or write from NAS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shmish, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmish

shmish Registered Member

Hello,

I am using TI v10.
    I am trying to backup files from my NAS (using FreeNAS). If my source files are on the NAS I get an error such as "File or folder '\\Freenas\Fileserver\APE\' not found.

If I try to use the NAS as the target drive I get the error "User name or password for the remote resource \\FREENAS\Fileserver\backuptry.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again."

The NAS does NOT have a password on it. Even if it did, I don't know where I would enter this password on TI anyways.

thanks
    Doug

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shmish,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image isn't designed to back up data from network drives. Since Acronis True Image cannot reserve exclusive access to data stored on network share, if the data is in use by another process at the time of backup creation, it may fail to be included into backup.

As for backing up to NAS, please be aware that Acronis True Image runs backup processes under system account, which most likely does not have required privileges for accessing NAS (under FreeNAS Samba protocol).
    The solution would be either adding necessary privileges to FreeNAS configuration; or setting a guest account with specified password (for accessing NAS). A login/password window will appear shortly after choosing a name of archive on the NAS drive when selecting archive location.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. tab888

tab888 Registered Member

Thanks for this information. What if after accessing the NAS location and the prompt for login and password (and option to remember password) appear but then I am unable to close window by clicking OK to accept the information.
    thanks
    tab888

4. Acronis Support

Hello tab888,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

What exact version of Acronis program do you use? What is the build number? What is your operating system?

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

5. stenews

stenews Registered Member

Hi to everyone!
    sorry if I'm writing over this thread but I'm having pretty the same problem.
    Basically what I'm still not able to do is to restore an image that I copied on a second PC attached on the same LAN.
    When I boot a PC from my rescue disk I can't "find" the other one on the local area network...why?
    I'm using a corporate edition A.T.I.E.S. with U.R. version 9.1 build 3854.

Hope someone will help in some way.
    Thanks and bye,
    Stefano. :rolleyes:

6. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.