Cannot make Media Disc...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FordGT, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

I am trying to make a media disc so I can clone my old drive onto my new 250GB drive. I launch the media builder but when it tries to make the disc it freezes!

I'm using the 15-day trial version. I am using a CD-R disc, and the first disc I tried said bad media and the second attempt/disc is the one that froze the program. When selecting which things to burn to the disc do I select the Full version or the Safe version? Or Both?

2. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

Anyoneo_O

I really need to get this done today...

3. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

Anybodyo_O

4. Meshuga

Meshuga Registered Member

Fordgt, I`ve had the same problem with Bad Media messages and have had NO replies to my posting either. No help to you, I know but thought I`d mention it.

5. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

It really sucks...

I can't believe no one wants to help! What did you do? Try another programo_O

6. Meshuga

Meshuga Registered Member

FordGT, I don`t think its a case of nobody wanting to reply but of not haveing come across the problem and therefore unable to answer it. I havent done anything else so far except mailed acronis support, and they havent answered yet.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello FordGT,

Try some of the known workarounds detailed in this <previous reply>.

Regards

8. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

The problem is that I can never get past the "Processing, please wait" part. While doing this processing it freezes every 20-30 seconds(the whole computer). The progress bar never goes to the last little green box.

I tried the tips but none of them work. o_O

EDIT: I searched Google some more and found out that sometimes there are problems with TI searching for network drives so I disconnected from the internet. That solved the freezing issue(so far) but now it just keeps saying "Bad Media" again. The CD-R's I'm using are brand new and I even tried a CD-RW from another maker which didn't work either. Does it just not work because I'm using the trialo_O What's going on?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  9. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you try the workarounds suggested by Menorcaman?

10. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Try making it on another computer.

11. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

I tried the workarounds, but it kept freezing at the point where I needed to click proceed. It never even asked me to insert a blank disc. I also un-ticked the box for Windows own CD recording, restarted, and tried again with no success.

I tried to make an .ISO file and to my surprise it did that. I saved the .ISO to My Documents and then burned the image to a brand new CD-R with Nero. I put the CD-R back in my computer to see what it contained, and it does indeed contain the file. Does this mean it worked and I can begin the clone?

12. thomasjk

What you created is a copy of the rescue cd. You can boot from that CD and clone your old drive to a new one. See this post for limitations of the trial version https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=700804&postcount=2.

13. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

What does that mean? Native Mode?

If I uninstall the trial version and purchase the full version can I do it then?

14. thomasjk

Native mode means cloning the old drive to new one under windows. Just start TI and select Cloning after you have installed the new drive as a slave. After cloning is complete. Shutdown the machine and disconnect the old drive and set the new one a master then restart the machine. The process is the same for either the trial version or the full version. See this guide for more details https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=168165.

15. FordGT

FordGT Registered Member

Oh!:D

I get it:thumb: I got it to work! My new C: drive is now showing to be 232GB, so it worked. And quickly too! I was thinking it would take at least a few hours but it finished in about 10 minutes. Now that I finally got it to work, I can see that Acronis really has a great product here. I'll have to save a little to get the full version sometime but I'm thrilled I could what I did with the free trial.

Many thanks for all the help guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.