Cannot install Spyblaster..HijAck this log

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by txinvestigator, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi txinvestigator,

This is a new problem with installing SB and we think CWS is involved. It appears something is getting left behind that is interfering with the SB install. The Experts here are hard at work trying to figure out a fix for this as you are not alone with the problem. Hopefully we will find the culprit soon.

Regards,
    Kent

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator Registered Member

OK, I will keep an eye here. I will not post back unless the about:blank issue returns.

I appreciate everyones hard work.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator Registered Member

I got tired of this, so I re-formatted and reinstalled all of my software. OMG. Norton is alerting like crazy, so I have to assume that somehow it became deactivated before. But all of the other programs, including spywareblaster, et al, are in and working now.

I also killed Internet Explorer, and am using Netscape. I am going to look at Opera.

I also installed Zone ALarm Pro, and I like it much.

This Coolwebsearch was a nightmare. I have taken all the steps suggested that I can find to prevent further infections by it.

Can you summarize here every possible preventive action to keep CWS out of my machines?

Thanks for all of the work you guys put in on this.

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.