Cannot install Luxor 3

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Bullbar, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullbar

Bullbar Registered Member

I purchased Luxor 3 online and it downloaded and installed okay.
    Then, my computer crashed, and I tried to install a fresh copy from Trymedia,
    but each time I go to download, it is placed into quarantine by the so-called "Smart" Security Suite. How can I re-install the game?
    I tried disabling the firewall, turning off the anti virus anti spyware on installation. As soon as I switch the anti virus on, it places the game into quarantine again. Driving meo_O

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It sounds like there might be a false positive alarm of some sort going on. Can you please tell us more information, such as the threat detected by ESET Smart Security in the Luxor 3 file?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Bullbar

Bullbar Registered Member

25/09/2008 1:42:46 AM HTTP filter file http://74.217.73.226/e=1344/b=uw7w7...877c83d0af26d6c7/r/dm/dm2/Luxor_3-v1_0-dm.exe Win32/Adware.Trymedia application connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Well there is one of the log files. I have submitted the file to ESET. Scanned it with totalvirus and no threats were detected.
    So far, no reply from ESET about the false positive.
    I am frustrated!:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.