Cannot Explore Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sliponflagne, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

I like all my program features to work too, even though I rarely use the unplug option in TI. When I'm done with the VD I just right-click and unplug right there.

Anyway MBM, I am kinda running out of fresh ideas here with the data that I've got. It is hard enough to troubleshoot over a phone but this method really tests one's ability!

Since I don't have any screen shots to look at and really have no idea whatsover what it is you are doing (other than trying to explore an "image") I would suggest that you go back over everything (significant, that is) that you have done to your PC since TI was working last. It has got to be in there somewhere. Case in point; when I first installed the demo version of TI back in January and launched it, it actually brought my system to its knees. And, then, I could not get it uninstalled. What a mess! Talk about furious. I wrote an email to Acronis Support that still makes me ashamed to this day (ya know what I mean). Anyway, I cooled down and started all over again (figured no one would put a demo version out that would do that kind of damage). Long story short; turned out to be a "bad" CD drive on my secondary IDE channel. Somehow that drive was throwing a wrench in TI's machinery but it had never shown its true colors with any other software. Replaced that drive and life was good! I have seen a couple more things of that nature since and that is why I am suggesting that you put on your thinking cap and go to work.

Mike *puppy*

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, mesaboogieman

I have just tested Builds #597 #613 and #627 and I can not replicate what is happing on your system, except with #597 but I can dismount them with the Unplug Image Button.

I am the same as mike_wells I do not normally use the upplug explore an Image but in the test I have just done above it works. [Unplug Image Button]

But then again every system is different. [Hardware and Software combinations]

So what work on one will not work on another flawlessly. [Not always Acronis fault] but lots of people do not see this.

Plus I have over 30 Services turn off on my system. [IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service, in XP if using secondary burning software is one of them, stops lots of conflicts]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. mesaboogieman

mesaboogieman Registered Member

Hi Guys
    Thanks for all the help and info received. I guess I will just have to work on this one until I fully resolve the issue.I like a challange!

I too have a lot of the background services turned off. Just a thought - are there any services that should be 'ON' to enable TI to work correctly on all functions/options?

Finally, is there any benefit in upgrading to TI8?

ps. As it appears that a lot of people are reading this thread is there anyone else out there that has or is having problems with the Image Explorer function? I would appreciate some feedback.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2004
  4. Bluebay

Bluebay Registered Member

HI - business owner - absolute newby - bought TI8, loaded it , had a few installation hiccps, wasnt smooth, upgraded to latest version last night, created a folder in D drive, D:\Backup Acronis True Image\MyBackup.tib is showing , and Files of Type "Image Archives" (*.tib) - (sorry, dont know how to get a screen shot- using windows 98 on this machine - Belkin wireless board has a "Print Screen " button - pressed it and nothing happened ) - then did the rest and it created a virtual drive - but all I could see on the virtual drive was the printers, control panel, Dial-up Networking and Scheduled Tasks . Must have done some things wrong and some things right - I thought I would see all of the files on C drive. The original Create Image thing led me to believe I was doing Disc1 (Using Fat32 I think it was ) . There were 2 green ticks, and I didnt select Disc 2 cos thats where I was going to put the image.

Anyone spot where I went wrong? (semi literate about computers) - Have battled on for one whole day going round in circles , but still smiling. Have created images twice, has a virtual G drive and H drive , undone those , redone those- same result. Oh, By the way , you knowthe little picture of the virtual drive - If I click on that it says in a window 'Exploring Drive C A device attached to the drive is not functioning G:\ is not accessible
    Cheers to everyone -Marty

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marty,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please create the screenshots of all your actions and the screenshot of the virtual drive content and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman.

Please read the below step-by-step instructions on how to get screenshots.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. vizcaya

vizcaya Registered Member

I am a new user of Acronis TrueImage 8.0 (latest build), and like many others who have posted to this forus, I cannot explore an image because the program refuses to assign a drive letter. It appears that this problem has been around (at least for some users) since at least 2003. I have followed all of the suggestions posted in this forum--to no avail. Has anybody (especially Acronis) ever isolated the problem and provided a fix or a workaround? I feel victimized because I purchased a program that fails doesn't work as advertised, and no one else with this problem seems to have received any help from Acronis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.