Cannot download Spyblaster.exe?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by tomteeth, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Will do. :) (Unfortuantely, I believe the users who originally used DAP have since left it for better adware-free alternatives.)

-Javacool

2. tomteeth

tomteeth Registered Member

Pieter : I just tried to download SpywareBlaster again and it downloaded perfectly now! I use the first site you supplied in your first reply to me! Now i am having the same trouble downloading the StarDownloader manager? Go figure!!! Maybe it does have something to do with the time you try to download, maybe a busy site? What do you Guys think?

3. javacool

This is sounding less and less like a website issue, and more and more like an issue on your PC. A BHO could possibly be causing these problems.

If, after running SpywareBlaster (download the latest update, and then check all items and click the "Kill All Checked" button) the issue is fixed and you have no problems downloading, you should probably scan your computer with Spybot S & D ( http://security.kolla.de ) because you may have a spyware program causing problems with downloads.

Even if the problem does not go away after running SpywareBlaster, I would recommend running SpyBot S & D just to rule out this is not a spyware or BHO-related problem.

Regards,

-Javacool

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

If the one I had sent you by e-mail hadn´t come in corrupted as well I´d be thinking spyware by now.
    To be honest, all I can do now is wild guesses.
    Please try this: go to http://www.dslreports.com/tools and take a few tests. Maybe that will clear things up.

Regards,

Pieter

5. javacool

Tomteeth - please check to see if any of those tests give you much lower numbers than you should have, or fail completely. It is possible you could have a modified winsock (in conjunction with a spyware program). Of course, that is just a guess.

-Javacool

6. tomteeth

Pieter, will give it a try, Its funny that javacool
    mention BHO's I was trying to download that utility too, the other day and it would not take either. Maybe there is some spyware on here, I updated SpywareBlaster and killed somethings that i know are spyware, but i dont know what most of the other stuff is, i have SpyChaser on here to and put some of the contents of Spywareblaster in it and it did not say it was spyware (atleast the one's that i checked off)

7. tomteeth

Is this test site for Dialup, thats what i have, New at this?

8. Pieter_Arntz

Should the tests come up with such results, let us know.
    I will try to mail you a tiny program that can repair your winsock.

Regards,

Pieter

I read your posts after I posted mine. Most tests at dslreports will work for broadband and dialup. And I am going to mail you the winsock fix right now.

9. javacool

What comes up on the SpywareBlaster list isn't spyware on your computer - it is all spyware that SpywareBlaster can protect your computer from by preventing it from being installed, and by disabling it if it is present. However, every item on the list is safe to check and press the "Kill All Checked" button for (every item on the list is spyware or catagorized as malicious and using SpywareBlaster to protect your system from it should not cause problems).

Regards,

-Javacool

10. tomteeth

I downloaded the winsockfix, and its on my desktop but it would not open (extract all) it said it was Password Protected and it wanted a password, but i have been having trouble also with the xp zip unzip, maybe i should download Winzip or one of those just to get the show on the road, unless there is a password for this?

11. Pieter_Arntz

12. tomteeth

Pieter: I have had this trouble since trying my xp zip extraction wizard, i think it another defect in this pc, I always keep up to date with virus protection! i use to use Winzip but they kept nagging about charging for the service, so i dropped them. I suppose i could use them temporarily again. My pc is scheduled to go back to HP because of the No Safe Mode and i hope to tell them again about the extraction wizard always asking for a password when there is none! I put the M in Murphy's Law. I will sign up for a zip extractor and go back to the winsock and see what happens from there, Thank You Pieter for sending it. Since the Spywareblaster finally downloaded completely, i just went back and downloaded "Stardownloader manager and it downloaded great, but that is because it was not a zip file, i have the trouble with them especially, Tom

13. Pieter_Arntz

Hi Tom,

The sockfix is not that big. I will send it to you unzipped.
    Going to do that straight away.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.