cannot download nor pull up respected site

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by motdaugrnds, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds Registered Member

I run windows XP with SP2, have pentium IV processor with 2gb memory. I am on dial-up; so my connection speed is terrible (19.2kbps or less).

I was running SpywareBlaster and wanted to update it to new 4.1 version. (I did the clean up of version I was using via disabling and control window.) Whenever I was able to get it downloaded to my desktop, it turned out to be about 375kb instead of the correct file size of over 2 mb. When I tried to install it, I received message files were corrupted.

I went over to try another download site I respected, i.e. "majorgeeks.com" as I have downloaded from that site before without problems. Now I get message, "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://www.majorgeeks.com/SpywareBlaster_d2859.html. Operation aborted" with only the option of clicking "ok". I have no idea why I am getting this message; nor do I know how to fix it.

Can anyone help me fix this problem with majorgeeks and get the spywareblaster version 4.1 downloaded and installed?

2. motdaugrnds

Problem fixed!

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What was the fix?

4. motdaugrnds

I'm not real sure what fixed it. I ran my spybot S&D, Ad-aware, checked that Scotty had no extra entries, then did a disc clean and defrag. After this I did a system restore to previous day. Somewhere during all this, my pc was fixed. I was able to get the download, install it completely from that site. (Enabled all on SpywareBlaster and ran all my protectors afterward. Appears my pc is now functioning very well. Now if only I could get something besides "dial-up" out here, I would be too.)

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks for the info motdaugrnds. :)

6. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Just to say that I had this exact same problem at Major Geeks the other day. I am also running xp with sp2 and IE 6. I've never had this problem before and think it may either due to the site or, perhaps a windows update. Either way, the problem was temporary and has not recurred.

One thing I can say for sure, it's not due to SpywareBlaster 'cos I no longer have it on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.