Cannot delete .tib

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pjbarry, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjbarry

pjbarry Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 889). I've successfully installed the program and used the backup and restore in all but one instance. I scheduled a task to backup my whole system to a network share (believe the system is Win 2000 server, I'm on XP -- sp1 when I made the backup, sp2 now) and I set it to have a password (and only my domain credentials to access it). I got a message that the task was completed successfully. I updated my system (Windows updates) successfully and no longer need this .tib. It's 12+ gb and want to delete it now that I don't need it. I can't. I get a message that access is denied when I go through Windows to delete it. When I use Acronis to verify the image (suspecting it's corrupted), it tells me that "The selected file is not an Acronis True Image file." How can I delete this file? I can't wipe out the partition it's stored on in the server. And I've successfully deleted other, smaller and un-password protected .tib files in the same directory on the share.

Thanks! Pam

2. dld

dld Registered Member

This might work for you:

Changing Ownership with Windows XP PROFESSIONAL
    To change the ownership of these files to the current local user:
    1. Check My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View, and uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing".
    2. Right-click the file/folder you are trying to access, go to Properties.
    3. Go to Security > Advanced > Owner and highlight the user account on your machine that you would like to take ownership of these files/folders.
    Be sure to check the box below, "Replace owner on subcontainers and folders" so all files within the folder will inherit the changes.

Changing Ownership with Windows XP HOME
    You must boot into Safe Mode and then follow the instructions above.

3. pjbarry

pjbarry Registered Member

Thanks. I'll try that when/if I get full permissions to that location (right now it shows my domain account as the owner, but appears that my access is limited to the share as a few advanced options are greyed out -- without limiting my ability to delete other .tib files there). Also, another hiccup is that I think the server it's on is actually NT 4.0 server. :( Any other thoughts for someone without full permissions? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.