Cannot Delete infected files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mpe1224nodder, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpe1224nodder

mpe1224nodder Registered Member

I have a computer here w/NOD32 ver 2548 And I notice that sometimes it will come up & say it found an INFECTED FILE but the DELETE & CLEAN BUTTONS will be "Grey'd Out"... the LEAVE BUTTON is all that is ACTIVE... Other times it will find Viruses & will give me the option to DELETE or CLEAN them....MY QUESTION is: What is the problem with the other INFECTED FILES that it will not let me DELETE them....WHY is just the LEAVE BUTTON Active in those cases? If they are INFECTED with anything-it looks like you should be able to DELETE them....

thanks
    nodder

2. psych1610

psych1610 Registered Member

Redneckville, FL .. originally Newburgh, NY!!!!
    I'm no expert but I believe if they are system files or files found in the boot sector or something like that the only option is to leave. Its explained in blackspears sticky a little as I recall. In addition, check your settings for IMON or AMON. Once again, Blackspears thread addresses this also in the same area where it may talk about the "leave",. "clean" options.

3. mpe1224nodder

Infected with MULTIPLE Infiltrations

I did another scan with Nod32 ver 2548 & it found more infected files....for example this one said: My Documents\Data\all_files4.exe is infected with MULTIPLE INFILTRATIONS.... yet it only gives you the LEAVE BUTTON option.... WHY are the DELETE or CLEAN BUTTONS active?
    DETAILS button says on 3 different lines:
    line1=all_files4.exe NSIS.ezStub.exe a variant of Win32/Adware.Ezula application
    line2=all_files4.exe NSIS.apropos_client_loader.exe Probably a variant of Win32/Adware Apropos.downloader application
    line3=all_files4.exe NSIS. SvcHose.exe Win32/Qhost Trojan

What is the problem here-why am I NOT ABLE to Delete this infected files?

thanks
    nodder

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, this depends upon what type of scan you are running and the settings within that scan.

Please check your settings against those found in the following NOD32 Tutorial: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

AFTER this run a scan by following these steps:

1. Click on the NOD32 Control Centre (Green and White split square on the bottom right hand corner of your computers screen).
    2. Click on NOD32.
    3. Click on Run NOD32.
    4. Click on “Scan and Clean”.
    5. Check the scan results.

Cheers :D

5. mpe1224nodder

I did the Tutorial & setup Nod32 as you instructed & it WORKED-THANKS BLACKSPEAR!! Everything seems clean now... I really appreciate your help!
    thanks
    nodder

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

7. mpe1224nodder

Hi Blackspear!
    Got one more question...I found this post by KATBERT concerning making a WINDOWS XP BOOT DISK & running NOD32 from it....Dated July 22nd 2007...
    Here is the link to his posting-
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180651&highlight=Nod32 Boot disk
    He said to goto http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ and download the BartPE program & create the XP Bootdisk & put NOD32 on the disk....so you can BOOTUP to the XP Bootdisk & run NOD32...
    I did this & it works very well running Nod32.exe , but then I tried running \nod32kui.exe to start NOD32 Control Center... however I ran into errors trying to run \nod32kui.exe ....the error says "ERROR OCCURRED During Communication with NOD32 Kernel Service"....
    1. what does this error mean?
    2. What can I do to stop the error?
    3. What is the difference in running NOD32.exe or running nod32kui.exe .... is running the Nod32 Control Center/nod32kui.exe more THOROUGH than
    nod32.exe ??
    Thanks in advance!
    nodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.