Cannot Delete Acronis Registry Key!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HeartGobbler, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartGobbler

HeartGobbler Registered Member

Cannot Delete Acronis Registry Key!!!

After uninstalling Acronis, I always go to my regedit to see if any registry keys are left behind in the registry after any application I uninstall.
    I saw Acronis registry key, and Tried Deleting it.

It Will not Delete!. No matter what registry cleaning utility i use, or my regcrawler registry editor, it only freezes it up, will not uninstall anything with acronis in there...

What on earth is happening here? I even took Acronis out of my startup maganger, but it still won't delete in the registry, never had anything like this happen to me before.......

:mad: Please Help me get rid of the Poison acronis registry keys!!!!!!!!!

2. Guessed

Guessed Guest

Re: Cannot Delete Acronis Registry Key!!!

just a guess... uninstall.. reboot.... uninstall any Acronis Devices in device manager... reboot.. then try reg edit?

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello HeartGobbler,

Check out these <Acronis Support instructions for manually removing TI>. In order to delete some of the Registry keys, you will need to "right click" on them, select "Permissions", tick "Full Control" and then click "Apply".

Regards

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  4. HeartGobbler

I tried changing permission by right clicking on keys then, I click on properties, but it didn't work either..
    p.s
    What does all this mean:o_O

&quot;right click&quot; on them, select &quot;Permissions&quot;, tick &quot;Full Control&quot; and then click &quot;Apply&quot;.

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

right click&quot; on them, select &quot;Permissions&quot;, tick &quot;Full Control&quot; and then click &quot;Apply&quot;.

translates to:

right click on the registry entry- select “Permissions”- tick “Full Control”-and then click “Apply”

6. HeartGobbler

Hiya , thanks for the post bud!
    There is nothing in my device manager related to Acronis.... I double clicked on every + sign and there's nothing in there...rebooted twice allready after uninstalling software...but still can't get rid of the darn key!

Will look on the net for more answers...thanks alot for trying to help tho...!

7. HeartGobbler

Tried that allready, nothing in device manager, rebooted multiple times still no good....thnx for the post & trying to help anyway...!

8. HeartGobbler

Deleted Acronis from Registry-Here's how!

I saw all the replies to my earlier post, but it was way, way too much involved in some advice to remove Acronis from my registry.

I fixed it by doing this:

1. Right click on Acronis, then click on Permissions.
    2. Click on the Advanced tab bottom right of box.
    3. Then click on Replace permission entries on all child object with entries shown here that apply to child objects.
    4. Then click apply.... presto...you can 86 that junk poison !!!!!

Hope this helps anyone just trying this program!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.