Cannot Create Acronis Secure Zone on 2nd Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dstone06, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstone06

dstone06 Registered Member

I've done this successfully on another computer, so I know what to expect...
    But on my system, when I try to create a secure zone on the 2nd hard drive, it goes through the entire process seemingly alright (including reboot, etc.) except no secure zone has actually been created! This is confirmed by looking at the available space on my 2nd hard drive after the repartition (and it hasn't changed!) and the Acronis s/w does not reconize/find any secure zone.

Puzzling. It goes through the entire process, yet doesn't actually create the secure zone.

PC: Dell Dimension E510 with WIn XP Pro
    Acronis True Image Home v9.0, build 3,567
    2nd Drive is Seagate 160 GB SATA

The other system upon which I have successfully set up Acronis True Image 9.0 is a Dell E310 with the same model 2nd hard drive.

Yes, these are two separate, legally purchased retail boxed versions of True Image.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    Danny

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The SZ was a useful feature when most systems had only 1 hard drive and tape was the accepted backup medium. A disadvantage of the SZ is that backups stored there can only be accessed by True Image. In other words you cannot use, say, windows explorer to copy or move the images around.

If you still feel the need to use an SZ on that second drive, check whether there is actually enough free space.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

However if you mount secure zone images you can copy, explore etc. at will. I use it all the time.

Xpilot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.