Cannot backup a folder on a Terastation.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by STOX, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STOX

STOX Registered Member

I would like to use Acronis TI 2009 to backup a folder on a Terastation to my hard disk where Acronis is installed.

When I select a file or folder on my Buffalo Tereastation in the create a task wizard, a check mark does appear next to the item. After I finish the wizard, I go back into the Edit Task Wizard and the items did not stay checked.

When I run the task, it comes back with an error that says the file being backed up is corrupt and may not restore properly.

Any help on this one?

2. STOX

STOX Registered Member

Ok, I downloaded the latest version. Build 9646.

It actually pops a warning up that a network folder has been selected but no credentials have been supplied ... which is what I thought was going on.

However, I tried everything I know to setup users in the Terastation and then supply the same credentials in Acronis to no avail.

Something that is really whacky ... I can backup to the same folder on the Terastation but I can't get Acronis to see that same folder to back it up to my PC.

Will comment later if I discover anything else.

STOX

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello STOX,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that since Acronis True Image cannot reserve exclusive access to data at network drives, backing up such data may fail if it's occupied by another process.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.