Cann ProcessGuard be set to block without giving warning?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by knowbodynow, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

This is my second post. I like ProcessGuard and I think I might be getting the hang of it. But sometimes a known program will try to do something like install global hooks when it doesn't need to. The ProcessGuard Icon will turn Red and stays red until I open it up and close it. I don't need the warning and I don't want to set global hooks (or whatever). I guess what I'm saying is I only want warnings for unknown processes? Does this make any sense. Is it possible to control whether ProcessGuard gives a warning or not?

Thanks,

Chris H.

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

You find the change of colour irritating too huh ? I think I obsess about getting it back to blue...no idea why...after all it's not a popup, it's not intrusive and it doesnt require any interaction if you dont want to...

I'll put my hand up for having that option too ! :)

3. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess if something was really up, ProcessGuard would throw up a pop-up. Having said this, I find the change of colour somehow distracting. I think it would be more useful if there was a way to block some events silently. For example, I get a message about notepad often - I don't want to give it extra priveleges but if I don't the messages to keep coming. There ought to be a way to tell ProcessGuard - "Yep, I know - carry on blocking and don't tell me about it!".

Chris H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.