Cann ProcessGuard be set to block without giving warning?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by knowbodynow, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

This is my second post. I like ProcessGuard and I think I might be getting the hang of it. But sometimes a known program will try to do something like install global hooks when it doesn't need to. The ProcessGuard Icon will turn Red and stays red until I open it up and close it. I don't need the warning and I don't want to set global hooks (or whatever). I guess what I'm saying is I only want warnings for unknown processes? Does this make any sense. Is it possible to control whether ProcessGuard gives a warning or not?

Thanks,

Chris H.

2. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

You find the change of colour irritating too huh ? I think I obsess about getting it back to blue...no idea why...after all it's not a popup, it's not intrusive and it doesnt require any interaction if you dont want to...

I'll put my hand up for having that option too ! :)

3. knowbodynow

knowbodynow Guest

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess if something was really up, ProcessGuard would throw up a pop-up. Having said this, I find the change of colour somehow distracting. I think it would be more useful if there was a way to block some events silently. For example, I get a message about notepad often - I don't want to give it extra priveleges but if I don't the messages to keep coming. There ought to be a way to tell ProcessGuard - "Yep, I know - carry on blocking and don't tell me about it!".

Chris H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.