Can You Run Smart Security w/o Firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jim_in_Illinois, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim_in_Illinois

Jim_in_Illinois Registered Member

Hello - I am currently a NOD32 AV user who's subscription is about to run out. I currently run NOD32 with Comodo free firewall, and my computers run beautifully. But Esset is having a special offer on their page that would allow me to purchase the 3 licence Smart Security for cheaper than the cost of just NOD32. My question - can I install Smart Security with the firewall off and continue to use Comodo? I am concerned about some negative reviews and performance tests for the Esset firewall. Thanks.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Just install and use the whole suite inc. the firewall. Runs great here (Vista x64) and once you stop reading and/or taking reviews seriously (for any product) you'll suddenly feel a great sense of relief and realise if it works for you then why worry!? :cautious:

...and don't come back quoting the matousec test!

3. Jim_in_Illinois

Thanks for your response, but you really did not answer my question. Can SS be run with the firewall turned off, and Comodo runnning.

4. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

If you purchase a license for Smart Security then that license will allow you to download and use any of the Home versions that are available for download, meaning that if you have a SS license you can download and use just the AV version of NOD32. If the cost will be cheaper to buy the SS 3 pack license then go ahead and purchase it. Just download and use NOD32 AV without the firewall so that this way you will not have the icon change color or receive any pop ups from the suite.

5. Jim_in_Illinois

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In the System integration section of the firewall setup you can configure the firewall features that will be active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.