Can Virus Guard be disabled?

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by cyberdiva, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

I'm a new user of Returnil, and while I like the concept of Returnil, I'm rapidly losing patience with Virus Guard. In just a few days, I've had nine messages warning me of a variety of malware--trojans, password stealers, and several W32/Backdoor2, among others. Since I run regular scans with McAfee Enterprise Edition antivirus, daily scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, and occasional scans with Spybot, all with current definitions, and none of them finds ANY of these, and since I almost NEVER have a problem with malware of any sort, I am very skeptical about F-Prot's warnings. I really don't want to have to continue to deal with what are most likely false positives. My question is, how can I disable Virus Guard? I went into Preferences, but I didn't see a "disable" option. The closest I could come was "Do not use advanced rules analysis." I don't think that goes far enough. How do I turn Virus Guard off?

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi :)

1. Open the RVS program
    2. Open the home screen (if not already open) and then click the Virus Guard section
    3. Uncheck the "Activate Real-time virus protection" option

The RVS Virus Guard feature should now be turned off.

Mike

3. cyberdiva

cyberdiva Registered Member

Thanks very much, Mike. I've now disabled Virus Guard. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't find the instructions for myself. :oops: Oh well....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.