Can ToolTips be disabled in Vista?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to disable ToolTips (sometimes called Balloon Tips) in Vista. I've tried several registry hacks and a couple of tweaking utilities and nothing seems to work. I'm using Vista Standard color scheme with Aero. I don't know if that makes a difference. I switched to Windows Classic though and they still wouldn't shut off. Has anyone had any success with this? o_O

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Yep I sure did but it didn't work for me. I followed the advice of one person who had commented and changed the Visual Effects to custom, I thought that could be it but no luck. That registry hack in your link should work but there must be something preventing it, I just haven't been able to figure out what it is. :D

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try in another user profile (create one if need be)? Assuming you are running as Admin etc.

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I want to ENABLE the tooltips ..i still dont know how they got disabled
    i have tried every registry edit mentioned on net still nothing
    and after cudni mentioned i logged in from limited account and tooltips are showing there but not on my admin account
    what to do ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.