Can TI backup Linux XFS File system?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MPSAN, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I have XP Pro and Debian with swap. The Debian partition is XFS. When I tell TI to backup the whole drive, it says there is an error on the Linux partition and will have to do a SLOW sector by Sector image. So, I scanned the partitions and they are fine. Does this mean that TI does not recognize XFS?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MPSAN,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that XFS file system is supported by server versions of Acronis True Image: Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. Please take a look at this FAQ article for more details.

Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation support the following Linux file systems:

- Ext2;
    - Ext3;
    - ReiserFS;
    - Linux Swap;

Imaging unknown file system will be performed in a special sector-by-sector mode. If the software cannot identify the file system, it simply creates an exact image of every sector on the disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

Thank you...now I know why I get this message.
    I am surprised that xfs is not included in TI. Why should I buy another product...Server Edition...just to get XFS? Maybe that should have been added to TI10 and it would be a reason for me to upgrade from TI9 to TI10.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.