Can someone tell me...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by wcholmes, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcholmes

wcholmes Registered Member

Can someone tell me how one begins the installation process? I finally figured out the non-intuitive MicroCenter registration form and they give me a username and a password and there is a bit of 'fine print' that says: "You have successfully registered your software,please print this information out for use during the installation process."

The problem is that I did as directed and there is no 'hot' button or link to 'go to the installation process' so basically I am left staring at a computer screen. Would someone be interested in telling me what in the heck I am supposed to do now? I do not see one single thing on my screen that says "Install" or any other similar command.

There is a 'hot' button that options you to: Click here to return to the ESET homepage but if you do that, you get a screen that tells you that you can buy the product, renew the product, test the product for thirty days free, activate the product (I'll get to that one in a second...), ESET online scanner, News & Events -- but again, nothing that says something like: "Click here to begin the installation process." etc.

Clicking the activation button only sends me in circles asking me to register my product etc.

This thing is getting very annoying. I went to the website and I can't talk to a real life human being -- though they state that they have 24/7 support -- namely because there is no option to do so. I looked at their FAQ and nothing addresses the problem I am having and offering: If you situation is not addressed here within this FAQ, call 1800 000 0000 or some such similar thing. I can send an email etc. but Lord knows how long it will take to get an answer and all the while my 'tail' is hanging out exposed for any hacker to try to take advantage of (and yes, I understand the sexual connotation about my statement, that's why I made it -- better yet, I don't like being unprotected so someone can bend me over and give me the 'high, hard one!')

Please, I beg of you, if you know some direct number that I can call etc., please let me know..

Thanks,

Warren
    :gack:

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello wcholmes,

Our Support Engineers can help you by phone at:
    Toll Free. +1 (866) 343-ESET [3738]
    Tel. +1 (619) 876-5400

or

Go to the following link to fill out a support request:
    http://www.eset.com/support/contact.php

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.