Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by 6ml4RZ, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6ml4RZ

6ml4RZ Registered Member

Hello all,
    I have come across this site after weeks of aggravation trying to recover my password.

I am not a programmer and very new to disc encryption. Last month, I used TrueCrypt for the 1st time to encrypt a volume on an external hard drive containing 3 years of work. I did not access the volume for a month and now I am getting the "Incorrect password or not a TrueCrypt volume" message.

Unfortunately, I did not find out that I should've backed up the header file until now. I am not sure if the header file got corrupted or I may have forgotten the password.

I am trying to figure out how to correctly use true.crypt.brute, but I am not familiar with how to create a wordlist. I know the possible passwords I may have used, but not sure the order since I think I may have combined them.

I made a simple wordlist containing one word of only 4 characters to test out and input that into true.crypt.brute. The scan has been running for over 10 hours, the progress bar has not even budged.

I am glad that I found this forum. Can someone please help, what should I do?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. 6ml4RZ

6ml4RZ Registered Member

Thanks for the links. I checked out those posts and I still have a few questions.

I downloaded L517 but keep getting Run-time errors so not able to launch the program. Does anyone know of any other word generators for windows?

I am certain of my password, but I think that the Truecrypt header file got corrupted. If that happened, are there any tools that can repair header files or am I screwed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.