Can someone advise me about a firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by joao_proscrito, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Hi!

Can someone advise me about a "light" firewall (easy on system resources)? My favorite firewall is Kerio, but the version 4 is a little heavy for my system. I tried Look'n'Stop but i didn´t like it, I started to receive alerts from nod32, a thing that didn´t happen in the past with Kerio. I think that on the log on and log off process of Windows Look'n'Stop has some problemas. I think I found my favorite protection software, Nod32 with Spysweeper, Ewido and Lavasoft, plus Spywareblaster and Firefox with NoScripts. But I still need a good and light firewall.

I also need help on a good registry cleaner, I use Advanced System Optimizer, the program has a lot of nice features, but i don´t believe very much in the quality of the reg cleaner.

Thank you

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

How about Kerio 2.1.5? 5-6mb ram, 0% cpu, very light...

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i cant recommend another firewall as i use looknstop myself, but most people say kerio v2 is light so give it a shot.

but for a registry cleaner id gladly and easily suggest crap cleaner (free) and tuneup utilities (paid).

4. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Jetico Firewall Configuration

I was going to try Kerio 2, but I decided to give Jetico a try. One of my best all time choices, it´s fast, has a good application filter and passed all tests I submited her.

But I have a few questions, because everybody said that Jetico was very hard to configure. I didn´t find it difficult, so maybe i´m doing something wrong because i´m just a newbie.

I started to install and put all the apps I trusted (browsers and security programs) on trusted zone and all the others on blocked zone. All the pop-ups finished to appear.

Have I done something wrong? If not, it´s not that difficult and it´s very good!

Thanks for the help guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.