Can someone advise me about a firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by joao_proscrito, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Hi!

Can someone advise me about a "light" firewall (easy on system resources)? My favorite firewall is Kerio, but the version 4 is a little heavy for my system. I tried Look'n'Stop but i didn´t like it, I started to receive alerts from nod32, a thing that didn´t happen in the past with Kerio. I think that on the log on and log off process of Windows Look'n'Stop has some problemas. I think I found my favorite protection software, Nod32 with Spysweeper, Ewido and Lavasoft, plus Spywareblaster and Firefox with NoScripts. But I still need a good and light firewall.

I also need help on a good registry cleaner, I use Advanced System Optimizer, the program has a lot of nice features, but i don´t believe very much in the quality of the reg cleaner.

Thank you

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

How about Kerio 2.1.5? 5-6mb ram, 0% cpu, very light...

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i cant recommend another firewall as i use looknstop myself, but most people say kerio v2 is light so give it a shot.

but for a registry cleaner id gladly and easily suggest crap cleaner (free) and tuneup utilities (paid).

4. joao_proscrito

joao_proscrito Registered Member

Jetico Firewall Configuration

I was going to try Kerio 2, but I decided to give Jetico a try. One of my best all time choices, it´s fast, has a good application filter and passed all tests I submited her.

But I have a few questions, because everybody said that Jetico was very hard to configure. I didn´t find it difficult, so maybe i´m doing something wrong because i´m just a newbie.

I started to install and put all the apps I trusted (browsers and security programs) on trusted zone and all the others on blocked zone. All the pop-ups finished to appear.

Have I done something wrong? If not, it´s not that difficult and it´s very good!

Thanks for the help guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.