Can send, but not receive e-mail with Outlook Express

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Defenestration, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Since installing WormGuard 3, Process Guard 3 and TDS-3, I cannot receive e-mail using Outlook Express. I can send e-mail OK, just not receive. The Outlook Express Progress windows says "Finding Host...", then "Connected" but this is where is stalls.

I have no problem browsing the web or downloading files with either IE or Firefox.

I'm guessing it's a problem with ProcessGuard, although I'm not sure because I never tried receiving e-mail after installing each app, and have never had any problems before.

I set PG in learning mode while I opened and closed all my apps, and also tried updating my AV database and sending/receiving e-mail. After that I disabled learning mode. I have tried going into leraning mode again, but to no avail.

Other than this I haven't encountered any other problems.

Any ideas ?

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Must have been a blip on my system , because everything is working OK now, including receiving e-mail with OE.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Defenistration, Sometimes when you think that everything has been run in learning mode for some reason a file is missed, one that always appears after the event is the Windows hel centre.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.