can restore back my backup!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by adrian1999, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrian1999

adrian1999 Registered Member

i have successfully done a full backup. Few days later, i wanted to
    try to do a restore/recovery but fail. It ask me to load last disk
    and then load 1st disk and again load last disk and again load 1st disk and load last disk and says need to reboot. But after reboot, nothing
    happens. Please kindly advice what is the problem!

I cannot copy the backup files and then do a restore from there because the error message says the image is in the same harddisk that i'm going to restore.

By the way, I have no external harddisk.

I believe that the software product does not need me to do so. Also, its state that backup and restore can be done using CD Rom or DVD Rom.

Also, when i try to open up the backup file, it prompt me to enter password. What password do i have to enter! I didn't even enter any password when i do the backup.

How to rectified the problem and solve it.

Thank you!

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Well, you have found the hidden downside to backing up directly to optical media - the constant swapping of discs that someone else here has called the "dvd shuffle" when doing the restore. It will be worth it to get an external drive. Then you can try putting all the images from the dvd on to the external drive to see if you can then do the restore.
    Don't know about the password problem.

3. adrian1999

adrian1999 Registered Member

do you mean the software itself has flaw that cause people who backup to CD Rom or DVD rom directly will have problems when doing recovery/restore?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Only if you consider the constant swapping in and out of discs a problem. I've done a test and if the Image spans 3 dvds the restore process is tolerable. But if the Image size needs 4 or more dvds I wouldn't recommend backing up directly to dvds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.