Can Our Identities Ever be Reclaimed?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

By Travis Greene on September 27, 2017

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

You know, if the people in government did what they were supposed to do, which is to manage the country on behalf of the people they could put a stop to this right now.
    Anyone who is a victim of identity theft should be able to get a new social security number and the old one revoked.
    It should be a matter of petitioning the court, to prove you are who you say you are and to prove you have been a victim of identity theft and the court should then order the SS office to issue a new number.
    Also, revoking the old SS number would stop identity thieves dead in their tracks because credit agencies could be instructed, if anyone applies for credit and the credit check comes back SS number revoked, call the police. That would make it so dangerous for criminals to do identity theft, it wouldn't be worth the risk anymore and most of them would have to stop.
    I mean like, really, what is wrong with people, is that not the entirely obvious answer to the problem? Yet those in authority just do nothing as usual.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

First of all RockL, I agree with you 1000%, but it ain't gonna happen. You know the saying: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." In other words, these men and women and now focused on getting reelected. Do any of you remember the congressmen several years ago who stated that, IF ELECTED, THEY WOULD NOT RUN AGAIN. You guess it, every single one of them, I believe it was three, ran again. Hopefully what we believe is right will happen, otherwise, the game continues.

Acadia

4. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Yes that doesn't surprise me. They shouldn't be allowed to run again, and in fact I believe, originally they weren't, it was supposed to be something a person did once only but of course who can change the rules... Congress.
    I have often thought we might all be better served my a method similar to jury duty, where they would be picked at random from the population, serve for 4 years then new ones take over.
    That might be a lot more like, by the people for the people than what we have now, which is a lot like class rule.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.