Can not access Network option in Acronis rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by manjiri, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manjiri

manjiri Registered Member

I have successfully created image of RHEL 5.0 running on Dell poweredge2950 . I also created rescue CD .
    When I boot from Rescue CD , it does not let me go to TOOLS > OPTIONS where I can specify Static network address as I do not have DHCP enabled. Nothing happens when I go to Tools > options . I can not go to show log , or other options as well . Only option I can go is Backup/ Restore. However my backup is stored on NEtwork share so this does not help.

Thanks

2. hillda01

hillda01 Registered Member

I am having a similar problem - what computer / server are you running the rescue CD on?

I think the problem is related to Acronis not being able to load the appropriate network card drivers.... but I could be wrong...

Regards

Dave

3. manjiri

I am running Echo server for Linux on Dell Poweredge 2950. I too think its a problem with Network drivers.

4. hillda01

I've searched around and don't seem to be able to find a way to "slipstream" any additional network card drivers into the rescue cd.

Acronis just seem to say ensure you have the latest version of the software...

There surely must be an easy way to add the extra drivers...

Regards

Dave

5. ANP

ANP Registered Member

which is the build? I found similar problem with build 8076 but used a lower build and it worked fine.

6. manjiri

I am using build 8072. Currently I am using Trial edition . Once we know it works for Linux we are going to buy it. It worked for windows 2003. The built on windows is 8076.

7. hillda01

Surely all the newer versions would have the drivers included from all the previous versions??

8. manjiri

Thats what I thought. It may be that DELL may have different hardware even if it is same model and acronis doesn't have drivers.

9. manjiri

I just confirmed that it works on Windows 2003, So definitely no drivers on linux side . On windows if server has two ethernet cards makre sure right one i.e eth0 is plugged in. or you can have both n/w ports connected then it will detect the network.

10. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

One work-around when the network card isn't detected by the Linux Recovery CD, is to install a second, older NIC which is supported. If that is only needed when restoring images, it may not be too much trouble to swap the cable at that time.

The other work-around is to create a BartPE or VistPE boot disk with the Acrois plug-in and the NIC drivers.

11. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

You may not want/be able to to down this road, but this problem could almost certainly be resolved by creating a VistaPE CD. You would need a Vista CD for this (not the WAIK) and, I would recommend anyway, the appropriate Mustang ATI plugin. The NIC drivers can either be included in the VistaPE build or, my preferred method, simply copied into a C:\Drivers folder where they are detected and picked up as VistaPE boots.

A VistaPE disk can be used on both XP and Vista systems and in my case has resolved all problems of creating and restoring images stored on network drives.

12. diehardfan

diehardfan Registered Member

Can you give a step to step guide or link on how to do this using BartPE?
    I am having the same problem https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=212021

Thanks

13. manjiri

Will VistaPE / BartPE CD will work with Unix enviornment too ? I mean how to do you specify drivers for Teue Image Echo server Linux.

14. jmk94903

The BartPE disk boots into a Windows XP environment, so it uses Windows XP drivers.

The VistaPE disk boots into Vista and uses Vista drivers.

If Windows can read the disk, it should work, but I haven't tried this.

15. jmk94903

Check the sticky message at the top of this forum with the name "Product Links, FAQs & Useful Threads (updated June 7, 200:cool:" for links to what you want.

The links to the BartPE and VistaPE instructions are down a ways, so scroll down until you find them.

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello manjiri,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Please try specifying the network location via IP address in the Restore wizard.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please download the Linux System Report utility available here and do the following to create the report:

- Unpack the archive: # tar xvf sysinfo.tar

- Make the script executable: # chmod +x sysinfo

- Run the executable: # ./sysinfo

Please also collect the following information:

- Boot the computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media, remove the "quiet" parameter and wait for # prompt to appear;
    - Insert a diskette in a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    asamba dhcp -n > asa_dhcp.txt
    asamba masters > asa_mast.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt, asa_dhcp.txt, asa_mast.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the network card you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

17. manjiri

Hi I have emailed required info to Acronis support . Actually The problem seems to happen on all DELL poweredge 2950 machines. Please respond ASAP.

18. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello manjiri,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.