Can no longer connect to remote computer through management console

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dlindner, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlindner

dlindner Registered Member

-Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2
    -Acronis True Image agent 9.5.8018
    -Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise server 9.5.8018
    -Acronis True Image management console build 8,018
    (installed on Windows XP Pro SP3 workstation)

A few days ago I suddenly lost the ability to connect to a remote
    computer using our management console. I had just been in there
    the day before performing backup job maintenance. Now when I try
    to connect to the remote computer using either the computer name or the IP address I receive the following error:

Username or Password is Incorrect
    Specify correct logon information for remote computer. Please contact with system administrator about permissions or remote authorization rules.

I uninstalled the agent from the remote computer and attempted to reinstall it. The only way that I could connect through the management console to was to use the server IP instead of the name. However after the installation completed I am still unable to connect. I've checked the services and they are running.

I am unable to download the latest build of Echo server nor am I able to open a support request because the Acronis website has had technical difficulties for at least two days. When I called customer support I waited on hold for an hour then suddenly became disconnected. My exchange server is not being backed up and I need a resolution ASAP. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. dlindner

dlindner Registered Member

thanks for the prompt response :p

In case anyone cares, I have resolved the issue on my own. My boss had plugged my 2nd ISCSI SAN network connection into a main LAN switch instead of the redundant SAN switch, which was causing Acronis to not resolve the IP address of the server correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.