Can Master Image be stored in Network?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Geomatics Berlin, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geomatics Berlin

Geomatics Berlin Registered Member

Hello,

i would like to create a master image remotely. As the master-image maschine should not be within the windows domain while being imaged, i cannot safe my master-image in the Network.
    It only gives me the choice to put the image somewhere within the master-image machine. But i want to store the master-image on a different maschine by adressing it via IP.
    Can somebody give me a hint how to connect to a different machine in order to store the image elsewhere?

Thanks for your help
    Olli

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  2. Geomatics Berlin

Ok i solved the problem, more or less, yet i got another:

i created a bootable cd including Acronis Master Image Creator and Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.
    Started the computer with that cd.
    Shortly after starting master image creator you get the possibility (for 5 sec) to manipulate the settings (ethernet card). Since we don´t have dhcp this is very important! After filling in the correct IP, subnet etc. it brings you through the menue until you reach the step where to specify the position for the Master Image.

Here comes the problem:
    I fill in the path to store the image like \\xxx.xx.xxx.xxx\D\myMasterImage.tib, shortly after that comes the windows connection wizard to fill in the user name and password. Even its my correct username (domain\username) and password it doesn´t work. there is no error message or something else, it simply doesn´t want my password.

can someone give me a hint?
    thanks
    olli

3. Geomatics Berlin

ok solved,

it depended on the settings in the file and folder security on the machine i wanted to connect to.

its a bit tricky with all the groups and users within the different domains.

i created a new user IMGDeployer with adminstrator rigths and pasword
    set it to the computers local domain.
    after that i set the folders security option to enable IMGDeployer accessing the device

cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.