Can I run MBAM Pro alone?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortal Raptor, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I have a 3 year license for Webroot SecureAnywhere but I stopped using it as I don't like it's too many false positives and especially their URL check thingie it's very aggressive.

I have now switched to NOD32 v8 / 2 year license and am very happy. I love its clean interface, and it's not so heavy but best of all, 0 false positives so it never comes in the way of my daily workflow

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Great to hear that :) Just remember to keep Live Grid and other protection features, such as HIPS, Advanced memory scanner, Exploit Blocker and Botnet protection enabled so that you get maximum protection against newly emerging threats. ESET also uses a strong web protection with url blacklist that is not aggressive but at the same time it's very effective. Should you need assistance in the future, feel free to make a post in our official forum at https://forum.eset.com.

3. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Wow! I am even more impressed that ESET employees actually keep track of these forums and note any comments! very nice!

To be honest with you Mr. Marcos, I am very very happy that I purchased a 2 year license for 5 PCs although all I have is one PC that I am using, just in case I ever need to install it on another PC.

I love a few things so far about NOD32:

1) 0 False positives

2) 0 false URLs blocked

so those 2 mean I can have an antivirus that does not interrupt me with false things and come in my way

3) very fast to install, not a million options to select and best of all nothing such as logging in or creating an account on ESET like most AV companies have come to do now

4) I have "Hide operating system hidden files" enabled in Folder Options, but the nice thing about NOD32, when trying to add exclusions, it actually shows me all files! so I don't need to unhide the system hidden files then hide them again once I am done excluding something! I don't know who thought of that but it's very smart! Only ESET and Kaspersky have this feature, other AVs I have to manually untick the "hide systm hidden files" then recheck it once I am done excluding/whitelisting a folder/file

5) In the Main GUI, it doesn't show me buttons to activate features that are not in my suite. Other AV programs I've tried like Webroot and BullGuard show all the buttons and if you click on one (let's say parental controls) it would launch the browser to make me purchase the higher suite which I DONT want since that's the reason I chose the AV only! Great job!

I hope ESET doesn't go spoiling their AV like other companies are doing by adding more useless bloat!

4. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

+1! :thumb:
    Indeed, ESET has kept all products away from 'Bells & Whistles'.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

6. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

That's weird, because nothing has changed between build 301. and 304.

The 8.0.304 build is the same as .301 but has the latest modules already installed.

8. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I was referring to the BETA bro

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Oh well, I'm glad you found a security solution suitable to your needs and convenience. To each their own. :)

10. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Thanks bro

11. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.