Can i repair an image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mike165, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike165

Mike165 Registered Member

Hi,

(sorry, my english is not so good)

I use already for a long time true image version 6, so far had I thereby also still no problems.

Recently I made an image of a PC (with Sata non removable disks). Without any error message.

Now I wanted to backsecure and go not, it come these error messages:

Restore with True-Image-Boot-CD or under XP:
    "The indicated file could not be found.
    Possibly also an error on the data medium is present.
    Press a REPEATING over with the volume 1 to continue or a BREAKING off off around the action to break or the program terminate."
    (Original in german: "Die angegebene Datei konnte nicht gefunden werden. Möglicherweise liegt auch ein Fehler auf dem Datenträgermedium vor. Drücken Sie WIEDERHOLEN um mit dem Volumen 1 fortzusetzen oder ABBRECHEN um die Aktion abzubrechen oder das Programm zu beenden."

Mounting a Image under XP:
    "Assignment drive assembly letters to a partition of image archives missed"
    (Original in german: "Zuweisung des Laufwerksbuchstaben zu einer Partition des Abbildarchivs fehlgeschlagen")

(All 3 files of the image lie in the same listing. I tried also another PC and True-Image-9-Demo, but the errors are alike.)

Does someone have a solution, can I the image possibly repair?

Is the Sata non removable disks an problem for making images with True Image 6?

Best Regards

Mike

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mike165,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please check you image archive by means on the embedded Check Archive tool both when the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

Please note that Acronis True Image 6.0 is a very old version and has no capability to verify images. However, you can always obtain a special tool which allows you to check your images by sending a letter describing your issue and containing the information confirming your purchase of Acronis True Image 6.0 to support@acronis.de.

If the image verifies as corrupted in both cases then I'm afraid it can not be restored or "repaired" in any way.

If your image archive verifies successfully in at least one case then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Make a screen shot of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Where do you store your image?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

If the image is not corrupted according to the test described above then please also collect the following information:

- Make a screen shot of the latest screen of the Explore Image wizard which contains the operation scenario along with the screen shot of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also run "regedit" command and write down or copy the data lines of the below registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters

Please send all the collected files and information to support@acronis.de along with the link to this thread. Our German colleagues will certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Mike165

Mike165 Registered Member

The error found

Thanks Alexey Popov / Acronis Suport,

their post brought me on the correct away and i found the solution coincidental.

I have make a check with TI-9-Demo and after that the check some minutes ran, came this message:
    please they insert volume 2 (retry or abort)

Then i reads the name of the images was xp1.tib xp2.tib and xp3.tib, not like otherwise xp1.tib xp2.tib xp.tib - as is the case for other safety devices.

I rename xp3.tib to xp.tib and Check and Restore works with no errors!

Crazy...

Best Regards

Mike

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: The error found

Hello Mike165,

I'm really glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.