Can i repair a corrupt tib image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sWiZzLe, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sWiZzLe

sWiZzLe Registered Member

Even if just some of it is corrupt, surely i should be able to rescue some of it?

Like in winrar, even if something is currupt it moves on to the next file - do you not have some software that can at least do that?

Im desperate, i have 2 archives both of which are corrupt - please don't tell me i have lost 2 years of work and photos?

Please tell me there is something i can do :doubt:

2. MTX

MTX Registered Member

3. sWiZzLe

sWiZzLe Registered Member

Hi,

The first thing i did was to try to open the file from windows explorer and was asked for a password, but i dont remember using a password and even if i did there are only 2 i would use. I also tried the explorer wizard from within TI.

When i try to mount an image i get the following error:
    Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive

Even if i do get this to work i am still stuck with an unknown password, i've tried so many now, both lower case and caps. I really have no idea what it could be.

Surely Acronis have some password recovery software - i understand that goes against the whole point of passwords, coz maybe these aren't my backups, but i assure you they are.

I be buggered :ouch:

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If your backups contain just data there are other less risky ways of backing up. I know it's too late for the data in those backups, but in future you should use another program for just data backups.
    I hope you get some of your data back. What version and build number of True Image are you using?

5. Whozzit

Whozzit Registered Member

FWIW, I've had TI complain about corrupt backup images several times. Every time so far (fingers crossed) I've simply copied the backup image to a different partition and TI has used it from there with no complaints. Weird, but true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.