can I mount image in secure zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Eagle Eye, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Registered Member

I saw a comment from another user (forget where exactly) that it is possible to mount an image from the secure zone. But he/she did not explain how.

So, is it possible to mount an image which is in the secure zone, or not?

Thanks,
    Eagle Eye

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Yes it is easily done. Under "pick a tool" Select Mount an image. Then select the secure zone. Now choose the image you want to mount Etc. Etc.

Btw the download of the manual is free !

Xpilot

3. Eagle Eye

Thanks much Xpilot.
    I actually do have the manual, but I'm such a newbie I have a hard time finding stuff. It there isn't a search feature in the manual, I have a hard time, until I learn a bit about the program.

Anyway, I did find the section on mounting an image from the acronis secure zone. However, it says to select it from the 'tree pane'. I couldn't find anything about the 'tree pane,' and everything I've brought up so far (pop-up dialogs for opening directories files, etc.) within TI 9 does not show the acronis secure zone. The only place I can find it is under Administrative tools from control panel.

What is the tree pane?

Thx,
    Eagle Eye

4. dld

dld Registered Member

5. Eagle Eye

Thanks a lot dld for posting that.
    I wonder, is your s drive dedicated to secure zone.
    Mine is part NTFS and part secure zone.

I do get to the pane you're showing there, but when I select the drive where secure zone resides, it doesn't highlight the 'Open' button for me to click on it. Also, if I click on the '+' sign to open the drive, the secure zone does not show up.

My first time with attachments. Hope this works.

My secure zone resides on E:.
    But nowhere is the secure zone in the mount image pop-up.
    I can see it in disk management as a fat32 logical partition.
    And, as I said, if I simply select the drive, hoping TI will 'see' the secure zone on that drive and mount it, it doesn't highlight the open button.

Thx,
    Eagle Eye

Attached Files:

• pic.gif
      pic.gif
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Eagle Eye

I'm sorry, I should have said 'next' instead of 'open'.

7. dld

dld Registered Member

Eagle Eye.. I don't have a Secure Zone. As to why you can't open your SZ to mount your .tib file as a virtual drive I couldn't help you on that. Maybe Xpilot could help you out.

You do have an image in the SZ? Why don't you try to restore this image. Don't go all the way to Proceed. You can cancel out at any time. Just to see if you can see that .tib file in the SZ of the Restore Wizard tree.

OK, I've just created a SZ. Here is my Mount Image Wizard tree:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7807/screenshot013mj6.jpg

I have no intention of creating an image to store in this SZ. Somehow or other you don't see your SZ. If I right-click on My Computer then choose Manage\Disk Management I get this:
    http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4712/screenshot015ex9.jpg
    Note that although the SZ was created in my S: drive, it shows up in Desktop. I cannot see it if I open my S: drive.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you select a drive that does not contain any .tib files the next button will remain inactive. For some reason several of the screens, including the mount image, open part way down. You therefore have to drag it upwards to see the top of the pane. AFAIK the secure zone is always the second item right below My Computer.
    dld has made a good suggestion that you can safely click your way through all the GUI screens to see how they work. You can alwaws back out or cancel. Just avoid pressing the Proceed button unless you want the particular operation to be carried out.

Xpilot

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Xpilot,

I've always seen it as the second item immediately below Desktop.

Kind regards

10. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Thanks for the correction. I will try to be more accurate in future :) Slaps own wrist!

Xpilot

11. dld

dld Registered Member

12. Eagle Eye

Thanks for all the help. I think I now know why I can't find it.
    My system is all screwed up, and it's rapidly getting worse.
    I lost the ability to mount my ipod and all of my card readers quit showing up in windows explorer. I paid the $35 for help from microsoft. They got everything working again, but next day after turning the computer on, my drives are all screwed up (no drive letters are given to them in the disk management screen, although they have drive letters in windows explorer). If I start TI, it complains it can't find any hard drives. AND the acronis secure zone shows up with a drive letter! My CDROM drive is showing up as a card reader. I can't even go into disk management and assign a drive letter. It simply won't allow it.

Since TI could not find any drives, nor the ASC, I couldn't restore. I deleted the SC partition (probably a dumb move, but I thought it was screwing drive letter assignment on my other drives). I didn't do anything else, so perhaps if I just to do a 'create logical partition' on that space everything will still be there. At any rate, it didn't fix my drive letter assignment problems.

MS is supposed to call me back Monday evening, since the problem was fixed, but then caused other problems. I'm having a hard time sitting here doing nothing. I had all these plans over the weekend on my computer, but now I feel like I shouldn't do anything but perhaps surf the internet until this thing is stable again.

I noticed this error in my system logs about 'sptd' driver database is not consistent, which has been showing up since I started having problems with the ipod and lost my card readers. But nothing about 'sptd' shows up on microsoft nor google searches.

There has to be some MS guru out there that could fix this. The fellow I've been working with from MS is very tenacious (he's been calling everyday, I just kept missing his call), but I don't think he has all that much experience.

Thanks again for all your help.

Eagle Eye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.