Can I make an app to be trusted in ThreatFire?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Leach, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leach

Leach Registered Member

Guess it's a silly question but I'm new to TF and my attempts to let an app run failed. TF always kicks out an app, quarantines and says it's a trojan, I disagree with that. We have been arguing but TF is winning so far. I saw here several users and would like anyone could explain how to make TF 'blind' to a particular app it considers a malware, please.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

exclude the application within tf

3. Leach

Leach Registered Member

jmonge, thank you for your answer. Hi.

Are you saying I should put the program's name onto the 'ThreatFire->Advanced Tools->Custom Rule Settings->Process Lists->Trusted? Yes, the app is within that list and the box is checked but it won't help a bit, TF ignores it. Also tried to add a rule onto the 'Custom Rules' list and made some exclusions but couldn't manage it as well. The rule's check box was marked too, may be I made it somewhat wrong.

4. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

What is the app?

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Leach that is very strange isue

6. Leach

Leach Registered Member

Greg S, hi.

Thank you, I think it's never mind now as I found some pretty remarkable thread on ThreatFire forums. Here.
    It's just impossible to exclude a detected malware currently... 'cause that's how it works... The only way is to send'em a link or an app so that they can include it into PUA. Nonsense. Anyways meanwhile I've found another app detected as a malware on my PC. That one was great :D - 'cause twas one, absolutely harmless, just packed with a non standard EXE-packer with extra... features to say. Don't think I can use ThreatFire with that restrictions. Have to find something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.