Can I disable NOD32's antispyware?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Gecko, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko

Gecko Registered Member

I was wondering if it was possible to disable the antispyware part of NOD32. Even I have to reinstall the program with a custom install, I don't want conflicting programs. Thanks for your help.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET programs doesn't have different modules like some other programs have . ESET have one exe only (ekrn.exe) performing scanning for all kind of threats . You can not stop an antispyware part because there is no such part . However , you can stop ekrn.exe from scanning for adware/spyware/riskware applications , which will make no difference when it comes to possible conflicts , it will only reduce protection.

Generally you can use any other AS application , ESET Antivirus/ESET Smart Security are compatible with them .

My personal suggestion would be to rely on EAV/NOD32 for the real-time protection for spyware threats and if this is not enough for you , dedicated antispyware for on-demand scans only

3. Eagle Creek

Eagle Creek Global Moderator

HiTech_boy's is right.

You can disable the detection of Adware/spyware/riskware, but it only makes NOD not report those items to you and ignore them. You can't really disable a "module".

Besides that: I haven't noticed any incompatibility with other anti spyware programs so far. Have you?

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

nod32 antispyware is one of the best build in module i ever put my eyes on.
    its work fast , low cpu usage and block them hard..... and yes....its doesnt conflict with any programs knows to mankind :p

cheers:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.