can i delete?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TOONEW, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOONEW

TOONEW Registered Member

i ran my scan and i got these two alarms but im not sure if i can delete them??
    Scan Control Dumped @ 21:03:11 04-09-03
    RegVal Trace: RAT.Imiserv: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    File: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [Win Server=C:\WINDOWS\winserv.exe]

RegVal Trace: RAT.Imiserv: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    File: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [Win Server Updt=C:\WINDOWS\wupdt.exe]

any and all help is appreciated.Thanks...

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Hi TOONEW and welcome

yes you should delete those registry entries but you should search for the files as well. Have a look here:
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojimiserv.html
    After you have done this restart your system and scan again to look if they have really gone.
    Dolf

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi TOONEW and welcome!

And if you're on XP or ME you should make a new restore point so they don't come back either.

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Welcome Toonew, If you can tell us a a little more about your system, OS, security software etc. there may be other recommendations that can help you secure your system.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

If you still have the files wupdt.exe and winserv.exe email them to gavin@diamondcs.com.au for confirmation :) You should delete the registry entries immediately and reboot, if they are still there then make sure the EXE files are not running -

In TDS, go to System Analysis, Process List and find wupdt.exe or winserv.exe, right click, choose Kill Process

Then from the same menu, choose Autostart Explorer, ensure the 2 registry keys you noted are gone

Reboot, trojan essentially dead as it cant start itself :D
    Delete the files if detected in a file scan, please send them in for confirmation - or in case they are a new variant !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.