Can I clone a remote partition with Acronis Workstation 9.1?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by StanH, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StanH

StanH Registered Member

Using Acronis Workstation 9.1:
    I have data file that reside on a remote partition. I had no problem backing then up to a local hard drive.

However, when I specify -- instead of files -- a partition, the backup wizard does not offer the option to select partitions from the network. Is there a way to do this with 9.1?

I would upgrade Workstation except that I am not sure that the latest version will address the remote computer at all, which is Windows98SE.

(Win98 is listed as supported for Workstation v9.1 but is not listed for the current Acronis True Image Echo Workstation.) If I am wrong about that please correct me.

By the way, what does "Echo" refer to?

Stan Hilliard

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stan,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

If you want to backup a partition on remote computer, you should install Acronis True Image Agent onto it and connect to Acronis True Image Agent using Acronis True Image Management Console. Backup of partitions by means of the local version (I suppose you use the local version) is impossible.

Please note that if you install Acronis True Image Agent onto remote computer you should uninstall the local version from the first machine, otherwise you will use the program on two computers, and according to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per each machine it will be used with.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.