Can I block in ZA Pro active connection?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Engine, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engine

Engine Guest

Hi folks,

In my office I am on intranet behind an authenticating proxy server what is fine as regards security. On the other hand when I want to update some softwares I have on my laptop I have to use a wireless connection (via BT with my P900 as a modem) because not all my softwares support a connection via authenticating proxy servers. It means that in such a time I have two connections active together but the BT connection has a priority and is engaged. I use ZoneAlarm Pro 6.1.737.000, where my intranet connection is "trusted" and once I connect via BT it goes obviously to "internet" zone.

The question is whether in ZA Pro I can temporarily block or forbid intranet connection when the BT connection is active because I think that at this time the both connections may slightly interfere what might be my problem I have written a few posts below (ZA Pro kills BT Widcomm and internet connection). Outright saying that I can't block intranet in firewall/zone settings because a pop-up jump and says ... you can't block an active connection ...

So far I have a solution => manually unpluge intranet but that solution is not let's say "sophisticated" ... So I would rather believe that in ZA Pro is a way how to temporarily block intranet without having needed to do that manually. Maybe some expert settings or other tricks can do that ...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks and regards,
    Engine

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

I believe the only option in ZA is global and blocks all network activity.
    Slightly more sophisticated than unplugging, you could enable the system tray icon for LAN connection and enable/disable from there. This would require you to be running as Admin though.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Engine

Engine Guest

Thanks CrazyM,

Unfortunately, all my searching leads me to believe you. Either block all or nothing. Maybe it's an issue to be considered for the future releases ...

Yes, it sounds greatly. I will try it next Monday and will be back here to report you.

Many thanks so far,
    Regards,
    Engine

4. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

I`d sure like to see that implemented too.

5. Engine

Engine Guest

Hi folks, namely CrazyM,

I tried to disconnect my LAN (manually unplug or disable LAN network) when updating AS via BT connection and unfortunatelly still no avail. Sometimes I can update AS but suddenly I can't and the whole PC or BT or touchpad or ... freeze. Therefore I guess that it has no influence whether I disconnect LAN or not.

Keen to get it right but don't know how. I believe that at ZoneLabs they are working on that.

Regards,
    Engine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.