CAN ANYBODY HELP?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gcasanova, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcasanova

gcasanova Registered Member

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I'm not sure if related, but i had a similar issue with another application where it took more then 1 minute to start and the disk activity went up really high during the load of the application. Without nod32 activated it took about 2 seconds to start the same application. I figured it had to be some file that took very long to scan and fortunately that application didn't have a lot of files. So i tried to copy the files from the program directory to another directory on my computer and that way i found a file that took very long to copy and caused nod32 to use a lot of CPU and cause a lot of disk activity. If i tried to rename that file it took a very long time as well so it was very easy to see the problem. Then i sent the file to eset and described the problem and the next day a update fixed my problem. I used the "Customer Care support reuqest (web form)" from the nod32 gui to report the problem.

So it might be worth a try to check if there is one or more files from openoffice that take very long to scan and send those files to eset for them to take a look at the files. In my case it was a 18k dll that took more then a minute to scan for some strange reason. Since you already figured out it's something in the shared folder hopefully there isn't to many files to check.

Before i sent the file to eset i posted in this forum, but didn't get any replies.

Gan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.