Can anybody explain?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by perhaps, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perhaps

perhaps Registered Member

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

This article about using SpywareBlaster may clarify things: http://www.sfsu.edu/~helpdesk/os/winos/SpywareBlaster/spywareblaster.htm Scroll down to the foot of the page and see this section about Custom Blocking;

"Custom Blocking: Create your own list of ActiveX controls that you want to block. Add search engine toolbars, browser plug-ins, and more - block any ActiveX control you want. You can even download Custom Blocking lists other people have created.
    (Warning: Please be careful when using a Custom Blocking list someone else has created. Only consider using a Custom Blocking list if you trust the person that created it.)"

My interpretation of this is that daks list was a third party extra that you could use (or not) so that his death should not directly affect SpywareBlaster itself.

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Indeed this is the case - all SpywareBlaster custom blocking lists are optional extras provided by third parties.

Of course, I'm very sorry to hear that dak passed away :doubt: - my condolences go out to friends and family.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.