Can Acronis OS Selector Do This?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by AnthonyG, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi, I was just wanting to ask this.

Today for the first time i have decided to try after formatting my entire hard drive setting up a multiboot Windows XP and Windows 2000 setup.

Where i was going to have 4 Bootable Windows paritions with 2 with Windows 2000 SP4 on and 2 with Windows XP SP2 on. Selectable at boot.

However after installing three of the four i have noticed one problem. And that is only one of the OS (the first one installed) is being booted into windows on the C drive.

All the other operating systems are once I have booted it up are located on E and F drives. And the C drive is still my first OS.

I feel this could cause some problems. I was therefore trying to find a program that could on choosing at bootup which OS i was wanting to boot up the program would not only hide the other 3 Windows OS Install Paritions from this running version of windows. So no confilicts or damage could occur to the other 3 while one is running.

But also more importantly set whichever running version of windows partition drive automatically as Windows C Drive no matter which version of windows i choose to run.

Is this possible with Acronis OS selector. Would there be any potential problems if i did enable this feature?.

If it is possble could someone please give me some very easy to follow instructions on how to do this. As i read through the Disk Director Suite PDF manual but i cant seem to work out if OS selector will do this funciton.

Thanks
    Anthony

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Yes, Acronis Disk Director Suite can help you in achieving your goals.

After installing Acronis OS Selector within the first operating system. You should make the partition of each OS hidden for all other operating systems (Acronis OS Selector will allow you to do this). That will adjust the C: drive letter to every partition where you have the operating system installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.