Caching or Shadowing on RSS Pro Build 13

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Rilla927, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I have been having problems with BSOD's lately and in part of the message it mentions to disable Caching and Shadowing. I thought I would ask if the caching or shadowing has anything to do with Returnil. I don't really know what this is related to I'm just trying to narrow it down. Don't know if it's software related or what. I have googled it and it points to everything under the sun. I googled the nvlddmkm.sys no info on the actual message it self.
    The actual message says:

Stop: 0x00000116 C0x868B2708, 0x8B92A8E0, 0x00000000, 0x00000002
    nvlddmkm.sys- address 8B92A8E0 base at 8B80F000, Datestamp 4e390f90
    Attemp to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed

My system is:

GA-P35C-DS3R- F 12 bios
    Enzotech Ultra-X
    Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 2x1=2gig Ram
    Q6600 Kentsfield
    Nvidia 768mb 8800 Ultra
    1200watt Thermaltake ToughPower
    Vista SP2

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Are you in Virtual (Shadow) Mode when you get this error? Also, what are you seeing in the program data/Returnil/rvs3/log/rvs3.log file?

3. Rilla927

It happens when in virtual mode and not in virtual mode. I had to uninstall the driver because I could not get into windows, only safe mode. I'm using standard VGA driver right now and so far it has not done it again.

There are 11 other logs in this folder. The log is over 6mb in size so therefore it exceeds the limit of 1mb.

Here is the log. Thanks Coldmoon.

4. Coldmoon

Looks like it was too large to attach to a post. Send it over with a link to this thread and include the rvs3.inst.log file and an msinfo32 report to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com so we can get a closer look at what is happening...

Mike

5. Rilla927

Both logs have been sent, thanks.

6. Coldmoon

got them and the team has been updated. Will get a reply back as quickly as possible.

7. Coldmoon

Hi,
    the team has taken a look at the logs/report and believes this issue is not related to RVS. We could however investigate a memory dump if you have one available (C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP). If you have this log, it is probably going to be too large to send via attachment so let me know and will set up FTP access for you to upload it to our server.

Mike

8. Rilla927

Hello Coldmoon,

That would be great.

I don't see a Memory.DMP only a minidump. I use CCleaner to clear everything out so the dump file may not be there,

I will reinstall the driver and wait for it to crash and then send.

Thank you very much.

9. Coldmoon

Make sure to grab the minidumps as well in C:\Windows\MINIDUMP folder. Though truncated and limited, they do provide clues that will help the team when looking at the larger MEMORY.DMP file when available.

Poke me in a PM when you are ready to send and will reply with the FTP credentials.

Mike

10. Rilla927

Hi Coldmoon,

I just wanted to say thanks for offering to help with this problem, you are a class act my friend. My video card finally went bye-bye so it's time to order some new parts. The card was artifacting terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.