CA Security Centre - no uninstall and is not in windows add/remove programs...Help!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Blissom, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blissom

Blissom Registered Member

Hello

I need to remove, uninstall and/or delet my CA security Centre software from my computer. This program has no uninstall and is not showing up on my windows add/remove program. Tried to delet the files but it wouldn't let me. I do not like this program at all. It did not protect my computer and is difficult to use.
    My computer contracted a virus and apparently a spyware thingimajig (sorry I don't know what to call spyware viruses) and slowed down so much I become desparate to save information and back up my files..........so.....
    I had to add another security software (yes I know it's not advisable) because the CA software is insufficent for the protection of my computer I had to add another anti virus program.

Could someone advise me as to getting ride of CA completely please?

Thank you in antipation.

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Try It in safe mode,I feel for ya, I went thru Hell trying to remove It. In short close to a Re4Mat.I really think Its a Demon in the form of software.

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

If I recall correctly, I had the same problem, but what I did was go to their site and emailed them about the problem and I think that they sent me an 'uninstall' program to uninstall their software. Try that and let us know what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.