CA Internet Security Suite 2007 - help please

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by debi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debi

debi Registered Member

I just got CA Internet Security Suite 2007 and have been having difficulties with it. For the anti-spyware module - when I click on the options button - I get a message saying that some process (can't remember right now, but will check when I get home) must close.

Also, the firewall won't let me get to CA live web chat. And I'm assuming that I'll be able to install and run SpySweeper without any conflicts?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I did have a play with the beta versions of ca's security suite but i didn't ecounter any problems like you describe. Maybe you should try a full un-install, clean up, then reinstall it and see what happens. If you're going to use spysweeper you probably don't need ca's antispyware, so you can either not install it or just disable its real time protection and use it for on demand only.

3. debi

debi Registered Member

I was afraid someone would say that. Will do tonight. This has been the biggest headache. First install, I thought I disabled TrendMicro Anti-Spyware - didn't work out so well. 2nd time - tried to install on D: - also didn't work out so well. Finally got it on C. Also, restored the machine somewhere along the way when I got fed up of getting rid of all the leftover bits. It was a long, tedius, and frustrating night.

Strangely enough, the install went fairly smooth on the desktop, except K9 wouldn't run (something about an invalid license? Support wasn't helpful.) - but since I don't have kids...

Thanks.

4. farmerlee

Yeah you won't need trend antispyware, ca antispyware and spysweeper all running at the same time thats just overkill. I'd say don't install ca's antispyware and only run trend on demand. Spysweeper is more than enough real time protection.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Personally I would give the Trend Anispyware and dump Spy Sweeper. I am a convert overt to it and it works great. Alot better then Pest Patrol with CA.

6. farmerlee

Yeah trend micro AS is pretty good, i run it on one of my computers, i just feel spysweeper has better overall protection. But thats just my basic opinion from having used both programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.