CA Antivirus Virtue virus submission

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jlo, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

Has anyone had issues with CA Antivirus when submitting Virus submissions.

They use something called CA Virtue http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/newsinfo/collateral.aspx?cid=53725 which when I fist sent a couple of samples to was excellent (Virus@ca.com) and you would get an auto reply saying file clean or possible malware and then an e mail a day letter saying now being added to detection.

However they stopped sending the reply and seems like ones message just gets ignored? I wonder if they black list regular submissions from same people (not many may be around 5 new samples a month I find and submit)

Anyone else had similar expereince?

Other AV like AVG never reply to me but often within a couple of days the samples are detected so I know they act on the samples recieved.

Kaspersky and Dr Web are another story! Normally get a reply in a few hours!!

Cheers

Jlo

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i got a reply from dr.web in just 16 mins exactly yesterday, :)

ca are poor for antivirus, i dont even think i could say it will protect you, and if their service is half as good as their product, i wish you all the luck. hehe

i cant say i personally have had problems with their submit sample thing, but i did have problems with their product in general.

3. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi,

I found a Zlob sample that was not detected by CA and submitted it via my wifes e mail and I got an auto reply saying in malicious and that I will be informed when a signiture is available to detect it.

I guess they have just blocked my email address, may be added it to spam or somthing. Who knows.

Cheers

Jlo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.