C2.lop?????

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Heath, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath Registered Member

o_Ook, i am stumped again, i read around, and i found out that spybot 1.2 crashes when it tries to detect C2.lop, but ad-aware is supposed to get rid of it.

so i downloaded adaware 6, scanned, it found some stuff, i didnt take time to check what it found, just assumed that it found it, then ran spybot again, and guess what, it crashed when it came to C2.lop... again...

so can anyone suggest anything to do?

thanks alot

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

clean out your adaware quarantine section and your spybot recover section...I think you have spybot scanning files you have cleaned but still have quarantined.

As for spybot make sure you do nave it updated and do that at the EON site in Australia you will find with the down arrow for mirror servers..but also look at this thread also in the Spybot forum.....

http://www.net-integration.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=6a41ce505b23b0c2dbbb01471f679066;act=ST;f=28;t=4989;hl=c2.lop

This still might apply..but I thought the fixed it..

Why does the scan hang during detection of C2.lop? link FAQ #022

The exact reason isn't yet known, as this error seems to be sporadic and only on a few machines, but there's a simple way around it. Start Spybot-S&D in advanced mode, open the Excludes section, and select C2.lop for exclusion of the scan (tick the checkbox in front of the C2.lop entry). This will avoid scan of C2.lop until a bugfix comes out (soon).

Also as i recalled there is a warning if you install the new adaware and also have spybot install..but I think that had to do with making sure you did clean out the spybot recover area.

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

also see Tony Klien's post here.....

http://www.net-integration.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=6a41ce505b23b0c2dbbb01471f679066;act=ST;f=28;t=4552;hl=c2.lop

"Are you sure you have all the latest updates installed??

There have been a number of fixes for this (relatively rare) problem.
    However, in a very few other cases the problem does remain unresolved.

As a workaround, in SpyBot, go to Excludes > Products > Cookies, and put a check mark in the C2.Lop box. That way SpyBot will be able to complete the scan.

NOTE: If you really have LOP spyware installed, SpyBot will still detect it. This is only about C2.Lop cookies, so it's really a very minor issue. "

4. Heath

Heath Registered Member

i have my quarantiene empty, and every update that it can find....

if i do skip it, will it still remove the problem from my computer, because that's the whole point, i wnat it gone.. so... thanks for everything

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Heath,

Note that the skip for C2.lop only is necessary for the cookies. You may be well aware that there are other ways of cleaning/stopping those.

Unfortunately, with all the variants of lop doing the rounds, no program will/should give a 100% guarantee on removing lop.

Could you post your HijackThis log
    Download, Unzip and run HijackThis. Then click Scan > Save log, save the log as a .txt file and copy & paste its content into your next post.
    Don´t fix anything yet. Most of what it finds is harmless.

I'll have a look to see if it's gone.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.