C:\system32\tools\restart

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stratoc, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

good morning, just done a scan and found the above file as possibly a variant win 32/adaware.agent? i spent a week cleaning up a trojan that slipped through 2 weeks ago, but surley this file is clean? i mean it was last modified june 2008. i have submitted it.
    mbam and sas find nothing.
    thanks.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

try to upload it on virustotal and get it checked by 37 different AV solutions

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

have done thanks for that link.

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

have had no news back as yet, there is a folder ~ c;\system 32\tools that has 5 registry commands? the program copyright belongs to ecs who i thought was elitegroup the motherboard manufacturer. but in details it's spelt the following way elitgroup computer group, i have no idea what this program is, it's been on system since june, i have deleted the entire folder.
    if anyone can shed any light on this i would be grateful, details of system to follow.
    thanks
    amd phenom II 940
    msi k9n2 diamond (latest driver from msi site)
    4gb ocz reaper ram
    3x msi 280gtx oc driver (8122 driver from nvidia site)
    vista ultimate
    nod 32 3.0.684.0 antivirus
    sas on demand
    windows firewall
    bt homehub firewall default
    comodo reg cleaner (latest)
    auslogics reg defrag

after removing this file i find no problems, if anyone can tell me what it was i would be forever grateful
    many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.