C++ Runtime Error During True Image Backup with Compression desactivated

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bunny1348, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny1348

Bunny1348 Registered Member

I have reinstall my PC from scratch and I have now the following config
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Édition familiale
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Nu 2600
    Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3412 Mhz
    Memory: 2Gbytes

Acronis® True Image Home® version 11.0 (build 8.107)

When I make a backup of my disk with the default compression level my CPU is a 100% and it takes 3hours to take a backup of 50Gbytes.

When I switch off the compression, the process TrueImageHomeService.Exe acquire all memory available on my PC (2Gbytes) and then it stops with an error
    “Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library”
    Runtime Error!
    Program: …. TrueImageHomeService.Exe
    Please contact your application support…

No message are generated in the Event Viewer
    I have also used drwtsn32 but no dump file were generated

Please could you help me because now it’s not anymore possible to take backup of large disk :'(
    and previously with XP Service Pack 2 True Image 11.0 worked fine

Thank you in advance for your help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bunny1348,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

Have you created Backup Locations? If so than the most probable cause is that the drive letters have been changed in Windows after creating Acronis Backup Locations. The issue is resolved by doing the following:

1. Use Windows Explorer to browse for the existing Backup Locations directories. Manually delete configuration files (*.cfg) from them.
    2. Run "regedit" command from Start -> Run and search for the following key:
    o HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acronis\Fomatik\PlaceBrowser\FavoritePlaces
    3. Delete all existing subkeys under FavoritePlaces.

The issue should be resolved. Backup archive will still be accessible in the folder where there was Backup Location. You can then create new Backup Location and start using it. If you create it in the same folder where it was before and you had there backup archives, they will show up in Backup Location.

If the issue persists provide us the following diagnostic information:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and hit Enter;
    - In the dialog that appears check the "Log File" and "Crash Dump" paths, then click the OK button;
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2 and send them to us.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. Bunny1348

Bunny1348 Registered Member

Thanks a lot Dmitry for your quick answer.

Unfortunately I haven’t used the feature Acronis Backup Location.

Furthermore each time that I have the Runtime error no user.dmp nor drwtsn32.log files are created.

But, I have acquired the upgrade to your Acronis True Image Home 2009, and now everything works perfectly (with or without the compression) and it’s much faster. I can continue to work during the backup and the TrueImageHomeService.Exe process consumes never more than 250Mb of memory. Perfect !!

Furthermore the new interface is a real improvement and the follow-up of the schedule tasks is easier and clearer.

Congratulation for this new version !
    It works really very well!

For me the problem is solved.
    Kind regards and thank you for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.