Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Typhoon1914, May 14, 2004.
Can anyone tell me ho wto get rid of this? When I log on this pops up.
boot into safe mode by following instructions here: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406
then as some of the files or folders you need to delete may be hidden do this:
Open Windows Explorer & Go to Tools > Folder Options. Click on the View tab and make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and untick "hide extensions for known file types" . Now click "Apply to all folders"
Click "Apply" then "OK"
then using windows explorer go to C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\Local Settings\Temp and select everything in that folder and delete it
as XP will not let you delete files less than 24 hours old as it thinks it might need them please also do this
while in the temp folder, select view and select details.
then right click a blank part and select arrange icons by, and select show in groups and modified, that will give a list of all files in date order with today at the top of the page.
select all the files/folders except the today ones and delete them all.
1) Open Control Panel
2) Click on Internet Options
3) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
4) You may also want to check the box "Delete all offline content"
5) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the temporary internet files
6) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that websites have placed on your hard drive
Which is what you were told to do in your other thread
Separate names with a comma.