bypass ISP transparent proxy cache?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by danielspencer2, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielspencer2

danielspencer2 Registered Member

Does anyone know how to bypass an ISP transparent proxy cache?

It is when the isp caches international websites locally to reduce their international bandwidth costs, but it means if an international website updates their website with new content, the person using their isp who caches will not see the content until their isp cache expires which is usually 20 minutes.

I was told putting a question mark (?) after the url will solve the problem, but i'm not sure if that works. I was also told if a website owner put a Apache mod_expires 1 second time on their server it will tell the isp's transparent proxy cache server to check for new content every 1 second.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to bypass an ISP transparent proxy cache?

P.S
    I'm talking about ISP transparent proxy cache, NOT a browser cache. Transparent proxy cache works on the ISP's end and they don't even need your browser's proxy settings to point to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.